In this new 82-minute online video training program, which includes a 20-page Study Guide, we discuss a variety of strategies to enhance your skills conducting a pre-employment interview, including, how to:
- Properly phrase interview questions
- Recognize when an applicant is withholding or fabricating relevant information
- Develop truthful information when the candidate initially tried to conceal it
- Assess the overall integrity and trustworthiness of the candidate
The skills that you will learn will substantially increase your ability to identify high risk job applicants before they become employees.
In this program we detail how to:
- Use an Introductory Statement to create an environment conducive to truth telling
- Develop a list of questions that will be asked of every applicant applying for the position
- Evaluate the applicant’s verbal and nonverbal behavior for indications of editing, withholding or fabricating relevant information
- Respond to the applicant’s behavior by asking the appropriate follow-up and clarification questions
When a program is purchased the user has unlimited access for 30 days. If the user takes and successfully passes a 10-question exam they will be issued a Certificate of course completion.
If an organization purchases 5 or more programs the cost is reduced to $95 per person. For 25 or more the cost is reduced to $75. To receive the group discount add the item to your cart and adjust the quantity.
To learn more about available discounts contact Ms. Kim Everhart at 1-800-255-5747 ext 11 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Instructor - David M. Buckley, CRT
Dave graduated from the University of Illinois with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology, and went on to earn a Masters of Science degree from Reid College. He has been employed by John E. Reid & Associates, Inc. since 1981 and in that time has conducted over 8,000 interviews and interrogations. Dave is Director of our training program on 'Investigative Interviewing Techniques for Child Abuse Investigations'. He has been teaching interviewing and interrogation techniques for over 35 years at seminars throughout the United States and a number of international locations. He has written a variety of specialized training manuscripts, and has produced training videotapes, audio programs in the specialized area of interviewing and interrogation. Dave is the author of the book How to Identify, Interview & Motivate Child Abuse Offenders to Tell the Truth. 2nd Edition, (2016), and is co-author of the book, Electronic Recording of Interrogations, (2005). Dave's sense of humor, experience and engaging style of teaching has made him one of our leading instructors.